- One of the antioxidants found in blueberries (Pterostilbene) is linked to lowering cholesterol.
- Bluberries contain only 84 calories per cup.
- One cup of blueberries contains 16% DV of fiber.
- Blueberries are a source of Vitamins A and C, potassium and folate.
- Blueberries are very low in fat and sodium, and high in dietary fiber and potassium.
- Composition of a blueberry: Water 84.61% Protein 0.67% Ash 0.21% Lipids 0.38% Carbohydrates 14.13%
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Did you know....
"Because of their low calorie count, berries are a good diet treat. their antioxidants - natural compounds that protect cells from damage-causing free radicals - help the body fight a variety of diseases, including lung, skin, and cervical cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and age-related mental decline" (Aug. 2007 Better Homes & Gardens)